Quench Workplace Dehydration With Sqwincher Zero
When it comes to staying hydrated, preparation is the key. Talk to your team and encourage regular water and Sqwincher Zero consumption.
When it comes to staying hydrated, preparation is the key. Heat stress and illnesses are entirely preventable with advanced planning and smart hydration practices. The electrolyte drink mix, Sqwincher Zero Sugar, is just one tool that can help with this process.
Essential Facts Regarding Workplace Dehydration
- Dehydration is the leading cause of most heat illnesses.
- A person can sweat about one liter per hour when doing heavy work.
- Most workers exposed to hot conditions drink less fluid than needed because their thirst response lags behind their actual level of dehydration. Meaning, by the time a worker is thirsty, he or she is already partially dehydrated. Once this occurs, it’s difficult to make up for the lost hydration.
Tips for Preventing Dehydration
- Drink water or Sqwincher Zero before, during and after your shift (8-10 glasses per day).
- Drink 5-7 ounces of water of Sqwincher Zero every 15-20 minutes.
- Keep cool water or Sqwincher Zero within easy reach at all times.
- Drink cool water or Sqwincher Zero, as they are absorbed quicker than either warm or very cold liquids.
- Try to avoid coffee, tea and soda when on the job. They increase urine output and make you dehydrate faster.
- Never drink alcohol during work. Drinking alcohol after work further dehydrates you as well.
- Wear one layer of lightweight, light-colored clothing when working outdoors.
- Anticipate conditions that will increase the need for more hydration, including high temperatures, humidity, wearing of protective clothing and the difficulty of the job.
- Stop working outdoors or in the heat at the first sign of dizziness, lightheadedness.
- or fatigue.
Related: Beat heat stress this summer with Ergodyne Chill-its!
There Is No OSHA Standard Specifically Dedicated to Working in Extreme Heat
Extreme heat is one of many hazards covered under the OSHA's general workplace safety rules, but there is currently no OSHA standard in place regarding working in extreme heat. To learn why, check out this recent discussion on NPR's Marketplace Podcast.
Dehydration Is Not Limited to Summer
Did you know that dehydration is as common in winter months as it is in summer months? The reason? Cold weather tends to move bodily fluids from your extremities to your core, increasing your urine output and adding to dehydration.
You Can Gauge Your Dehydration by Urine Color
- The best way to gauge proper hydration is the color of your urine. The darker the color of urine, the more dehydrated you are.
- Normal colored urine is pale yellow.
- The urine of a person who is a bit dehydrated is bright yellow. Drink at least a cup of water or two.
- The urine of a person who is very dehydrated is orange. Drink at least a liter of water or more.
Symptoms of Dehydration That Require Immediate Emergency Care
If a member of your workforce is experiencing even one of these symptoms, immediate emergency treatment is necessary.
- Altered behavior, such as severe anxiety, confusion or not being able to stay awake.
- Faintness that is not relieved by lying down or light-headedness that continues after standing for two minutes.
- A weak, rapid pulse
- Cold, clammy skin or hot, dry skin
- Little or no urination
- Loss of consciousness
Choose From a Variety of Sqwincher Zero Products
Sqwincher Zero contains the same electrolyte content as regular Sqwincher, but with zero calories and it’s sugar free. Sqwincher Zero is comparable to other sports drinks and gatorade powders, but contains more electrolytes to aid in worker hydration.
Sqwincher Zero 20 Ounce Bottle
Ice down the cooler, pack it with these wide-mouth bottles, and all the Sqwincher you need is ready-to-drink. No prep time or mixing - just twist the cap and chug. Sqwincher quenches and satisfies thirst and replenishes hard-working bodies with essential electrolytes.
Sqwincher Zero Qwik Stik is a single-serving electrolyte replacement powder mix that lets you take all the electrolytes you need wherever you go. Just add a stik to a 20-ounce bottle of water and you'll have a perfectly balanced drink. This drink is formulated to allow your body to absorb the hydration it needs quickly and easily. With Sqwincher, you'll get maximum hydration in each serving.
Fast Pack works as a drinking cup... just add 6 ounces of water. This drink is formulated to allow your body to absorb the hydration it needs quickly and easily. With Sqwincher, you'll get maximum hydration in each serving.
Sqwincher Zero Sqweeze Freezer Pops
All the taste and performance of Sqwincher Zero is now available in a tasty frozen treat. Pops come in assorted flavors: fruit punch, orange, watermelon, mixed berry, dragonfruit, strawberry lemonade, and lemon-lime.
Sqwincher Insulated Sport Bottle
Use this 24-ounce Insulated Sport Bottle to keep your Sqwincher Zero ice cold when you're on-the-move.
Preparation Is the Key: Stay Prepared with Sqwincher Zero
Talk to your team and encourage regular water and Sqwincher Zero consumption so they stay hydrated in both the heat and cold.
Our Safety Support Team is always available to discuss workplace-related heat stress and to help you choose the right products to keep your workforce cool and comfortable.